Skilled Migrant Employment Register

The new Skilled Migrant Employment Register is a free initiative supporting employers and skilled migrants to connect to build the Western Australian workforce. WA Migration Services would like to provide you with the opportunity to connect with Western Australian employers who may have employment opportunities available.

Visit the Skilled Migrant Employment Register page for more information.

Jobs and Skills Centres

Visit a Jobs and Skills Centre for free careers, training and employment advice and assistance. Centres are located at five of Western Australia’s north and south metropolitan TAFE campuses:

Balga campus – North Metropolitan TAFE;

Joondalup campus – North Metropolitan TAFE;

Northbridge campus – North Metropolitan TAFE;

Rockingham campus – South Metropolitan TAFE; and

Thornlie campus – South Metropolitan TAFE.

You can also visit the Jobs and Skills WA website for training and career information for Western Australia. 

Job search guide

​The downloadable Job search guide​ contains local information on writing a resume and job applications,​ and preparing for interviews.

Employment trends

The Employment trends​ page within the Jobs and Skills WA website provides information on which occupations are likely to be in high demand in Western Australia.​


Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) services

This specialist service offers free career and training advice to people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) backgrounds. Services are offered through Mercy Community Services and are available face to face, online or over the phone. 

These services are available from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday, at:

  • Mirrabooka: 4 Brewer Pl; or

  • Cannington: U13, 64-66 Kent St.

Appointments can be made via phone at 08 6298 9888 or through Skype for eligible clients across Western Australia.

​​Western Australian Government

To be permanently employed with the Western Australian Government, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are on a temporary visa, you may be eligible for a fixed term contract.

​Visit the jobs.wa.gov.au website​ for current vacancies within the Western Australian Government.


Overseas qualifications

The Overseas Qualifications Unit​ can assess eligible qualifications you have gained overseas and advise on your level of education compared to the Australian Qualifications Framework. This may help you when you are seeking employment or seek to enrol in further study.​



​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Depending on your visa, you may be eligible to register with Jobactive. This is a government funded service providing support and assistance to find employment. This may include access to services, training, skills development and work experience.

​To find out if you are eligible visit the Jobactive website or call 13 62 68.


Department of Employment

The Department of Employment provides information on employment, government assistance, jobs, careers, training and working conditions.

Visit their website​ for more information.


Guide for migrants entering the Western Australian workforce

​This guide provides migrants with information on the Australian workplace culture (available in several languages):